My cup of comfort

It’s 2am, I’m sitting in the balcony, with a cup of hot coffee and thoughts fresh out of my mind while I write this. For a long time now, I haven’t been having a good night sleep, or any thought that cheers me up and if it weren’t for this assignment, I probably wouldn’t even ponder over such a thing.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. As I read this statement, I think about the times I was in circumstances that weren’t in my favor. The times where I felt lost and I couldn’t site any door opening up. But if there’s anything I learn from these circumstances, it is that everything we’re put into has a way out and often on our way out, we catch sight of the most beautiful thing ever. A new version of ourselves.

Every circumstance leaves us with a choice, a choice to give way for the problem to engulf us or a choice to cease the opportunity and make the best of the problem we’re facing. The choice to make the best with what we have is definitely the harder one but nonetheless the one we’d be proud of.

Oh, don’t we remember the times we actually thought our world was collapsing? Our exams, 10th boards, 12th boards, that big fight with your ‘best friend’, the time you literally lost track of time and reached home late or maybe even this quarantine. Thinking about these situations I wonder what I thought at that time and the amount of sleepless nights I spent wondering if I’d make it through this.

But here I am, out of all of it and if there’s anything I am at the end, it’s me being proud of who I am. I’m sure that there are such instances for you too. Instances where you were under tremendous pressure that made you the diamond you are. The diamond you are proud to be. I mean aren’t each one of us a diamond in our own way, glistening with our efforts and striving to become brighter.

Comments

  1. Very well said! We are all diamonds in our own way love that! And just know I'm proud of you and whatever you're doing and you will do :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That... Is beautiful. We are all diamonds in our own way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well written. And such an important message!
    Keep going no matter what. You'll always come out stronger at the end of it 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      And yes, stronger than ever :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts