Cliché¿

I am needy as hell. It is 8:19 pm, my parents are talking about how their day went in the background and I can’t stop thinking about you. I want to sit with you on this sofa, have some cold coffee together, and indulge in a conversation that strikes both our chords. It isn’t much to ask for, is it?

I’m needy as hell. It’s been a day since we spoke properly, and our talks lack the romance that swept me off my feet. I need a text from you that says, ‘Baby, I miss you and I can’t stop thinking about you.’ This isn’t too much to hope for, is it?

I am really pampered or rather even spoilt. I’ve grown up with nothing but love and attention. I am used to getting everything I asked for. But now, with you, I can’t ask for these things. Or rather, I don’t want to. 

I want these things, really bad, and as insane as this sounds, I don’t want to ask for them. I don’t want to ask for a conversation or some extra effort. These aren’t things I have to ask for in a relationship, are they?

I don’t expect you to ask for them either. I am here for you, always. I’m here when you call me at 2 am, just to listen to my voice. I am here when you want to have that deep, indulging conversation in the middle of the day, at noon when the sun is shining brightly upon us. I am here when you want to meet on a Wednesday morning for breakfast. 

Somedays, I just need that bit of reassurance. I want to listen to you calling me beautiful, or capable or you just embracing the mess I am. I’ll need you to listen to me rant about the same things a million times and I’ll need you to kiss me all over till I fall asleep in your arms. I don’t want this every day, just...some days, maybe at least once? It’s not too much to ask for, is it?

The other days I’m confident. I know I am capable and beautiful, and I can embrace my damage. On these days, I’ll be there for you. I’ll listen to you rant about your day, your work, and your life. I’ll even listen to you rant about us, and then kiss you till we fall asleep in each other’s arms. It isn’t much to ask. 

But for a day like this, the somedays, I want you to text me, call me, and make me fall for you all over again. Because you remind me of me. My choices, my decisions, and what I believe love is. and on these vulnerable days, just make me feel…something. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts